Monday 14 March 2016

Comeback Ride

Ride Brief
Distance: 34.5km
Elevation: 335m
Duration: 2:27:33
Venue: Karura
Crew: Moses, Peter, Kubai

The Comeback Ride

I knew it was a bad idea as I rode by Safari Park...after a 6 month break my next ride should not be too long and 30km felt like a Gran Fondo ride. I was however determined to get back on the saddle and I soldiered on. The weather was friendly but the many climbs to get to Karura were off-putting.

Well Karura has quite a number of gates and I believed I have used almost all of them but Gate C on Kiambu Road remains my favourite. Immediately you get in, you are welcome by 3 choices of trails to take:

  1. Down the middle on a gentle incline with lots of human traffic
  2. To the right, either through the forest or round it: Promises some exhilarating speeds but do watch out for walkers/joggers and random roots
  3. To the left, great downhill followed by some amazing single trails
Due to my long hiatus and thrill for speed, I chose to go to the right. Never throw caution to the wind especially mid-morning as families are going for walks and the occasional idiot is trying to break imaginary speed limits using the Karura bikes. Not a wise move and not someone you want hot on ur tail, so I slowed down and let them pass. I had missed the forest and had every intention to enjoy it in peace.

The crew on a short break...allowing me to catch up!
Some footage from the ride...I have been out so long that my neck became week. Apologies for the shaky footage


Find the more videos HERE
The ride on Strava is available HERE
Join our club on strava HERE
From a life behind bars.....handle bars,

Kubaionabike

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Bike?!!

I recently let go of my first bike! A bike that never let me down despite being second hand. A bike I dearly cared for and treated like a ...